Saturday, February 19, 2011

It seems like lately all my posts here have just been about gigs I go to

Today was Kayla's birthday and so after dinner we went to Next. It was my first time going there, well not the Colonial but the event. Initial thoughts of the place was how underground it kinda felt. I mean, I'm just a "simpleton gal from the 'burbs" (lol my little twitter tagline) who occasionally branches out to the city from time to time so this place seemed a little too cool to accept a dork like me. Around me were people with piercings, tattoos, dyed hair and and some girls with plunging necklines. And if there's one look I don't ever see myself being attracted to it's guys with long praying mantis-like legs in skinny leg jeans with their hair past their shoulders (they look like girls okay, i'm sorry!). But what I liked about the place was its diversity. How there were people in all shapes and sizes wearing different kinds of outfits. It was a nice change.

On the middle floor I think it was, we saw Tonight Alive (they're a sydney band). Kayla, before they came on stage, mentioned that the lead singer was a girl which got me asking if she had orange hair haha. But wow, when she came on stage I think we all noticed how pretty she was. I mean, when I think of a lead singer of a rock band I usually think she'd walk out looking like Joan Jett. But she was blond petite and looked like some kind of actress or model for a tv ad because she just looked so wholesome and um, clean haha.

See what I mean? She could totally pull off being a Clearasil girl

They played a really good gig. The band had great chemistry and lead girl went off like a firecracker the whole night. I seriously thought she was going to grab a ceiling light and swing off it, that's how much energy she had. Great stage presence, overall great performance from every member of the band (even with the audio a bit off) who could sway even people like me who generally aren't big fans of pop punk/punk rock.

1 comment:

  1. aw i'm glad you liked them!
    i think one of the reasons i do like them so much is because she is so charismatic :)
    p.s you're crazy for not finding the guys there attractive. i agree with the long hair thing, but all those tattoos and everything are.. just... how could you resist? ;)

    ReplyDelete