Thursday, July 2, 2009

Kids say the darnest things

Neice: Do you have your period?
My head: ok…so she wants to have a girl-to-girl chat with me, that’s cool. Just answer honestly
Me: Yes.
Neice: What’s it like?
Me: Annoying.
Neice: Do you use a tampon or pad?
Me: Pad.
Neice: Your sister?
Me: Pad.
Neice: Mum?
Me: My mum doesn’t have it anymore
Neice: That’s right you don’t have it when your 50.
Me: It’s called menopause.
Neice: What’s menopazz?
Me: Menopause. When you don’t have your period anymore.
Neice: What’s it like?
Me: I wouldn’t know.
Neice: What was it like for your mum?
Me: She had an operation so that’s why she doesn’t have it anymore. (my mum had this operation because something was wrong with one of her ovaries ages ago)
Neice: But if she doesn’t have it anymore how does she pee?
Me: Because it doesn’t come out the same- you know, just ask your mum about it.
Neice: Have you ever been sexually raped?
Me: ..No.
Neice: What brand is your glasses?
Me: Armani.
-takes them off to show-
Me:See the A and the G?
Neice: I thought it was 69. You know, man and a woman
My head: Hey, it actually does! No Marianne, don't admit it; shake your head disapprovingly at her
-shakes head disapprovingly-

The thing I like about kids is that they say it like it is. We're all thinking it, but they say it. It's kind of refreshing.

3 comments: