Sunday, April 8, 2012

Marianne's back to blogging

My mum was telling me of this story of my dad's that I thought was pretty cool so I've decided to write it out to share...if anyone still reads this blog. I KNOW I KNOW I'm terrible at committing to things. And if there are people who care I'M SORRY. I love you, and thank each and every one of you who have taken even just 30 seconds to skim over anything that I've even written on here about me, my thoughts and my less than average life. 

 So anyway, years ago back when my older sister was still in primary school, my dad woke up in the middle of the night startled by the dream he just had. So much that he woke up my mum who was asleep next to him. To give a bit of context my dad went to military school in Vietnam where they slept in bunk beds and all that. The guy that slept above my dad on the top bunk, let's call him John, became good friends with my dad. John was one of the few people my dad actually liked, being humble and kind and an overall top bloke. But when he left Vietnam to Australia with my mum and his family, he hadn't heard from him again, not knowing where he was going or if he was even still alive.

Dad: I've just had the weirdest dream. I was back in my bed in military school sleeping when John starts peeing on the top bunk so much that it starts seeping through the mattress and falling on me like rain. 

Mum mumbling into her pillow: That's great.

Dad: Weird thing is I haven't thought about John in years!

Mum: yep. *falls back asleep*

The next morning my dad dropped off my sister at school and went into a bakery, having a craving for those Vietnamese bread rolls. Next to him he saw a man that looked somewhat familiar. He wasn't sure but he had to ask.

Dad: Excuse me, does your name happen to be John?

The man turn towards my dad with a look of absolute astonishment. 

John: TIEN?! (that's my dad's name by the way)

Dad: This is unbelievable. I just had a dream about you last night and now here you are!

So it turned out, that of all the countries in the world they ended up at, of all the cities, and of all the bakeries and the exact time the universe was able to unite two old friends back together several years later. 

That's pretty amazing.


3 comments:

  1. No, YOU are. Hehe oh you. EMILY WHY DON'T YOU UPDATE YOUR EYE INSTINCTS BLOG ANYMO??

    ReplyDelete
  2. dreams are creepy... and i don't get the peeing part in your dad's dream that is totally random

    ReplyDelete